Messageboard

You are not logged in.

#426 Thu 1st Jun 06 18:09

Kroma
Inquisitor

Re: Compro VideoMate DVB-T300

Can you get analogue teletext to work with the latest release?

#427 Thu 1st Jun 06 23:14

grimerking
Helper

Thanks Shields. I never realised that there was an option for picture in picture. That makes it even more irritating that you can't mute the main picture without muting the whole system. Surely, somebody at Compro must have one of these cards at home? Don't they ever think?

#428 Fri 2nd Jun 06 18:03

amarp
Inquisitor

Heya, anyone finding that power up and shut down recordings have file size 0mb.  (basically they dont record but create a file name) ??

#429 Sat 3rd Jun 06 07:16

Kroma
Inquisitor

I've tried a couple of test recordings and it appears that they no longer slow up and crash my PC when playing back.  This regularly happened before and I had to run all recordings through VideoRedo or suchlike before playing them or else my PC would become unusable.  If this IS fixed, then I'm happy!

I've just made another recording - it DID crash my PC so this isn't fixed after all!  What with this and the loss of teletext, I'm tempted to reinstall the old version!  I am getting power up recordings of over 0kb though.

Daz

#430 Mon 5th Jun 06 13:16

amarp
Inquisitor

Anyone know what these channels are:

Provider          Name   Frequency   S.ID       VPID    APID
BBC                 302        530000    19520        204        411
BBC                301        530000    19456        203        407
Channel 4 TV    305    538000        27200    701    702

Thanks

#431 Mon 5th Jun 06 14:21

Herbs

305 is the big brother stream. 301 and 302 are the interactive channels for BBC i.e when snooker is on and you want to watch the matches on the same time.

Nebula DVB-T |tevion dvb-t100|WinTV USB2 PVR|Nova-t technotrend|nova-t usb2|nova-t 90002| nova-t stick

#432 Mon 5th Jun 06 22:06

amarp
Inquisitor

305 is the big brother stream. 301 and 302 are the interactive channels for BBC i.e when snooker is on and you want to watch the matches on the same time.

Thanks alot Herbs.  Anyone know what the Video PID's are for the HD Trials?

ITV    ITV HD Trial    522000    41029    0    162
Channel 4    Ch4 HD Trial    522000    41152    0    182
Channel 5    five HD Trial    522000    41168    0    202

That's what i got, but as you can see V.PID is 0. (columns same as my last post)

Thanks alot.  smile

#433 Tue 6th Jun 06 14:21

Rybags
Inquisitor

http://www.coolstf.com/tsreader/

Use TSReader to get the lowdown of what each station is actually transmitting (PIDs etc.).

Then just record a raw .TS file for a few seconds and use it to analyse the stream.

Very useful, especially since VideoMate often has problems locking in some stations.

#434 Tue 6th Jun 06 14:55

amarp
Inquisitor

Heya,

After scanning a few times during the day and night i've made this list of channels, which includes all the frequencies and ID's so that you can add a channel mannually if you need to.  These are from the Crystal Palace transmitter in London.  Hope its useful:

http://www.filewire.com/download.php?id … 78c9709fc0

smile

#435 Fri 21st Jul 06 12:45

compro

Hola All,

lol   My VideoMate DVB-T300 have been working for the last year with the digital signal.  :!:   

Today I installed The new drivers (VMHybrid_1339.zip) and software (ComproDTV2803.exe).  :?  I now get "No Signal" when I open ComproDTV.

ComproDTV is now  a "black screen".   :shock:  Nothing happens when I try to do a right-click to bring up the control panel.    Please advice why my My VideoMate DVB-T300 is on strike?  lol   :?:  :arrow:

#436 Mon 24th Jul 06 20:39

grimerking
Helper

Amarp,

Your link isn't working. Could you PM me?

Thanks,

Rob

#437 Mon 24th Jul 06 22:05

amarp
Inquisitor

Amarp,

Your link isn't working. Could you PM me?

Thanks,

Rob

I've PMed you but for everyone else:
Here is the list, its updated to have film4.  I've uploaded at two seperate locations:

http://files.ww.com/files/18799.html

http://www.filewire.com/download.php?id … 67ee586b01

Hopefully they will work.  Failing that i can email to you.  Hope it goes well.

#438 Mon 31st Jul 06 13:06

Rybags
Inquisitor

http://www.comprousa.com/New/en/download.html#T300

Release date has been changed to 2006/8 although the downloads have the same versions as before.

#439 Wed 2nd Aug 06 16:40

whoozhe
Inquisitor
Website

I bought a T200 6 months ago. I had it changed over because it simply would not pull in a decent Digital signal. (Signal strength is 95%) A VCR with an anolog tuner worked perfectly via SVideo. MY TV has a perfect picture.
The second card was worse.
At my expense I upgraded to the T300. No picture at all. Not with TV, Digital, SVideo and Composite. I doubt if I have been unlucky to get three faulty cards. My thoughts are these cards are not compatible with XP. They are made with WME in mind.
As far as support is concerned if you live outside the USA forget it. They are not interested. 15 emails and not one answer.
They refuse to refund. They have no technician in Australia, in fact not one distributer has a clue.
The products should be barred from sale

#440 Tue 15th Aug 06 14:32

Numanoid
Inquisitor

Thanks Shields. I never realised that there was an option for picture in picture. That makes it even more irritating that you can't mute the main picture without muting the whole system. Surely, somebody at Compro must have one of these cards at home? Don't they ever think?

God I hate Compro and their crappy software. When are they going to supply something that (a) lets you watch TV reliably and (b) lets you record TV reliably? I can do without "cool" stuff like picture-in-picture. I emailed Compro about the mute issue in October last year:

Why doesn't the DVB-200T audio not "mix" in to WAVE stream like most other multimedia applications (WinAMP, MS Media Player, etc.).

Specifically, it is not possible to have Compro DTV on with just the picture (sound muted) whilst listening to music from, say, Winamp. Muting the sound in Compro DTV mutes *all* sound :-(

And here's the next-to-useless, completely lame reply:

Hi,
Thanks for your email.

The function you have mention is not available due to that
the Digital TV is transmitted with MPEG2 format and currently
is unable to seperate from volume controller.

Sorry for the inconvience.

Let me know if you have further questions.
Sincerely,
Jeffrey

A useful trick (except on the BBC channels) is to select the "Audio 2" stream which is usually silent. Click on the display where it says "Audio 1".

I long ago gave up on the Compro software and switched to ProgDVB which is a small applet that works really well. The only problem I've had with it (as with Compro's) is when starting a recording and switching a channel, it fails to get a signal and so just records nothing. The only reason I've returned to Compro's software is the annoying habit the BBC have of letter-boxing a 4:3 program so that it displays as a postage stamp in the middle of the screen.

My partner has an *old* TwinHan (external USB) unit and the software that comes with that is by far and away the best I have seen. The basic application *works* (shock horror) and then there's lots of nice touches - the EPG works across all channels, for example - and there's an aspect ratio mode that deals with the BBC letterboxing issue, and so on.

For the sake of what the cards cost, I'm of a mind to just buy a TwinHan and have done with the Compro.

Paul

#441 Thu 24th Aug 06 10:59

z0mbi3

I'm hoping some one might be able to help me out here.

Been using the DVB-T300 for about 8 months now and I've had nothing but trouble with the card.

Between audio glitches and bad picture I'm virtually pulling my hair out  sad

The picture quality on the DVB-T300 is far from great I know, but has any one had picutre interference regardless of input? I do all my main tv watching over composite (sky box - tv card) and whenever I have hdd activity I seem to get vertical line interference accross the screen. The more hdd access there is the more interference (both picture and audio) I get   :shock:

I'm at the point where I just want to give this card to my mum and get myself something else, but thought I'd enquire with you guys first?

Btw Compro's e-mail support is absoloutley disgusting. They give you the bog standard responses on IRQ's , ask you the same things several times in different orders, then ask you to send system information to which they never reply, and don't even bother responding to your chase ups  :evil:

#442 Thu 24th Aug 06 12:33

Rybags
Inquisitor

I only get horizontal lines when I have heaps of disk activity.

It is due to the PCI bus being saturated with I/O operations.

I have a RAID controller, so it can get fairly busy.

Setting PCI Latency in the BIOS to a different value might help.

Disabling/removing unnecessary hardware might help too.

#443 Thu 24th Aug 06 13:13

z0mbi3

Even with minimal hardware in I get the problem though. It sucks. Makes recording near impossible.

Changing the pci latency seems to have no effect.

#444 Mon 11th Sep 06 20:44

snarf

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help with the following questions I have with this tv tuner.

1. Why is the picture quality/signal a lot worse when I plug my indoor arial into the tv-card than when I plug this same arial into a portable tv i have in my bedroom.  I would have expected it to be just as good no?

2. Is there anything I can do to improve picture quality? In particular, even when the picture is good, I have these really distracting diaganol lines going across the tv.

3. I am wondering if anyone has used an indoor arial that claims it can pick up Freeview and if they have had any success. Just wondering if i should invest in one

Thanks for your help

#445 Tue 12th Sep 06 13:58

Rybags
Inquisitor

Analog will get some interference usually due to other components in the PC.  Best to put the card in the last PCI slot away from everything else.
Normal TVs have much better shielding, plus their tuning circuits are probably a bit more complex/better.

Internal antennas are only really any good if you're close to the transmission source or have a good clear signal.

In any case, you're best bet is to stick to Digital TV.  I've found best results with analog are to be had by just feeding a composite input from a VCR.

#446 Tue 12th Sep 06 23:52

Silent Shark
Helper

Just thought you might all like to know that the current latest driver works fine with Windows Vista.

I haven't tried the software, but the driver works well in Media Center using RC1 of Vista.

And to those having signal problems: I'm currently running my T300 through an outdoor aerial that provides 100% signal to a normal freeview box, but has to go through a booster to give me anything on my T300. I do get 90-100% on it with every channel (20-30% without the booster), and it's fantastic.
When I was at university last year, I ran it on an indoor aerial with a booster, and only got watchable signals on a few channels. The year before that I was in on-campus accomodation, and ran it off an outdoor aerial and no booster, getting 80-100% on most channels. You need a REALLY strong signal to use this card properly. I know others with DVB-T hardware for their PCs, and they have the same issues, so it's not Compros fault entirely.

#447 Fri 22nd Sep 06 00:31

nunjafush

I got the Compro VideoMate DVB-T300 a few weeks ago and it works fine except for scheduled recording.  Most times at the end of the recording I'm just left with a file of 0 size (I have plenty of disc space and I'm using Win XP SP2).

So, I decided to update the driver from 1.3.3.0 to the latest which is 1.3.3.9.  I downloaded it from Compro and ran the setup and restarted the PC.  Now when I start Compro DTV, it just comes up with an "Error" box that says, "No video capture device found, please reinstall the driver again.  Error Code = 0x10000100".

I tried reinstalling the driver - this time just by updating through Device Manager and pointing to the folder I unpacked the driver to, but no difference.

Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

These are the details inside the box:

Video Device: VideoMate BDA Analog Capture
Audio Device: Realtek AC97 Audio
             - TV Mixer: Volume Control
             - Record Mixer: Line In
             - PCI Audio Enabled

OS Default Country: Australia
DirectX version: DirectX 9.0 or better installed
VGA: ASUS Extreme AX300SE/T, using overlay mode
VideoMate TV Hybrid: 1, 3, 3, 9
ComproDTV Version: 2, 7, 0, 4
Video Source: TV Tuner - Digital

Digital TV Settings:
DTV Country / Area: Australia / Bandwidth_7Mhz
DTV Table Chn Number: 66
DTV Scan Mode: Channel Table
Bandwidth: Auto
Scan Freq Range: 51000 - 860000 KHz

Save Path: E:TV Recording
Free Disk Space: 70728 MB, NTFS

Compro MPEG Encoder (for 2.x) 1.0.2.44 registered
Compro MPEG Muxer (for 2.x) 1.0.1.116 registered
Compro Audio Decoder (for 2.x) 2.0.0.29 registered
Compro Video Decoder (for 2.x) 1.0.0.74 registered
Compro MPEG-II Splitter (for 2.x) 1.0.0.90 registered
Compro Scale Filter 1.3.0.3 registered
Compro Dump Filter (TS) 1.6.0.0 registered
Compro Source Filter (TS) 1.1.2.0 registered
Compro MPEG2 Splitter 1.0.4.1 registered
Compro Transform Filter 1.0.1.6 registered
TSTransform 1.0.0.2 registered
Compro Video Decoder 1.3.3.2 registered
Compro Audio Decoder 1.3.0.8 registered
Compro PSI Parser 1.1.0.0 registered
Compro Stream Filter 1.0.0.0 registered
Compro SnapShot 2.0.0.5 registered
Compro Infinite Tee Filter 2.0.0.1 registered
VampDeviceEnum Class Unknow unregistered

#448 Fri 3rd Nov 06 21:53

dazpinto

How do I get my compro T200 to work with Windows Vista RC1. Which drivers and TV viewing program should I use?

Board footer