Messageboard

You are not logged in.

#1 Sat 7th Dec 02 00:05

Medion TV Tuner 7134 MK2/3 question

hi i have the above mentioned card... it came with a new pc i bought recently at Aldi.  The software that came with it is called PowerCinema and it doesn't seem to be all that bad, except that i always lose my sound after a couple of minutes of watching tv with the program.  Is there any way i can fix this?  or any other program that works with philips 7134 based cards?  i've been searching the net for a little while for more information about this but i didn't really find anything really usefull.

could someone tell me how i could either get the sound problem fixed, or if i could use another program to watch tv with this card without losing the sound every couple of minutes?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

oh btw, i am a total newbie when it comes to tv cards so go easy on me wink

#2 Thu 19th Dec 02 18:35

gazda

Re: Medion TV Tuner 7134 MK2/3 question

There's already a patch for that bug by medion. Follow the link below.
It is a *.reg file and contains this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftRTCVideoCapture]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftRTCVideoCaptureMEDION (7134) WDM Video Capture]
"DoNotUseDShow"=dword:00000001

http://download.medion.de/medion.de/tre … areupdates

That should do it. gazda.

#3 Sat 11th Jan 03 00:54

Locutus

HI!

Probably I bought the same PC and certainly I got the same TV-Card. Nevertheless I am not satisfied with the Software that was shipped with it. So:

Is there any good recording, descrambling, easy to use Software, that works with  philips 7134 Chipset?

Actually I would appreciate any suggestions about Software that works with that card.

Thank you!

Locutus

#4 Mon 13th Jan 03 08:07

all1971si
Inquisitor

#5 Tue 14th Jan 03 16:58

Locutus

Thanks! Great Software, but is there also anything to descramble TV with that Chipset? I'd love to finally get that working. So, to all you geniouses out there:

How to descramble analog TV (like german Premiere) with a philips 7314 Chipset?

Thank you!

Locutus

#6 Fri 24th Jan 03 10:55

Nick B

Is it a good idea to install the lifeview drivers with the medion card mentioned above? I have one of these machines (bought from ALDI too) and would like to know the implications of this...

Board footer