Messageboard

You are not logged in.

#1 Wed 15th Nov 06 20:43

SlySpyderSpy

Problem With Philips 7130 Tv Tuner

Not sure if this is in the right place but I recently purchased a Tv tuner made by Fieon that has a Philips 7130 Chipset.  I installed the card itself, and then ran the cd - installing InterVideo WinDVR.  The drivers for this card do not work, and refuse to install. I forced windows to use the unsigned drivers through device manager to no avail, then tried using a standard driver for the Philips 7130 - again no luck.  I have static and nothing else, the auto-scan button does nothing.  Also, there is an option on InterVideo to choose between antenna and cable.  When I switch it to cable and hit apply the program resets to Antenna.  Any Ideas what my problem is here? thanks -

#2 Sun 10th Dec 06 00:09

wired

Re: Problem With Philips 7130 Tv Tuner

I just bought a generic PCI TV tuner based on a Philips 7130. After some effort it worked fine. Thought I'd share my experience in case others have the same problems. Not sure if this will help you at all, Sly.

Had no problem installing the drivers or the WinDVR 2 software (on an HP 4100e with dual core AMD CPU and WinXP SP2) but was not able to get any video or audio. For a while I thought it was a problem with software or drivers, but it turned out that I just hadn't properly connected the cables between the PCI card and my satellite TV box (a DishTV 322). My TV tuner card came with 7 connectors labelled as follows:
1. FM (empty hole)
2. CABLE (standard coax cable connector)
3. VIDEO IN
4. S-VHS (S-video)
5. AUDIO IN
6. AUDIO OUT
7. REMOTE
There's a picture here: http://images.tigerdirect.com/skuimages … -main3.jpg
I wasn't able to get it working using a coax cable, but it did work with composite/RCA cables. The yellow video cable plugs into VIDEO IN and you need a Y-type adapter to plug the L/R audio cables (RCA) into the AUDIO IN jack. Last, you need to use the cable that comes with the PCI card and plug one end into the AUDIO OUT jack and the other end into the Line In jack on your sound card. Then it worked really well (considering that the card only cost $15).

#3 Sun 10th Dec 06 08:20

Indianer

I have the same card and had precisely the same problem. I could not figure out why the drivers were not being accepted either as an update in device manager and why Wnn DVR not only did not accept the cable connection but also closed down!

I looked up the devices in "Non-Plug and Play Devicves" (hidden, so you will have to click the option in "View". I noticed that the drivers had been installed but were non-functional. I guess Windows XP installs and uses the default drivers so after I had disabled those, I could re-install the drivers from the accompanying CD. Also, the TV Card driver had appeared to be installed but the problem was with a device driver on the TV card. Eureka, it has functioned fine after that. I am still having a problem with the audio whiel recording but I guess that is a connection issue which I hope to resolve soon.

I hope this has been helpful.

#4 Thu 14th Dec 06 01:43

satish555
Inquisitor

hey wired. windvr doesnt recognize the card. nor does the computer. at every start up, this new hardware forund screen comes up. and i insert the cd and it searches and no matching drivers found.

@ indianer - i disabled drivers in plug n play, then i tried to install using cd again, but no luck. i have this card for almost 4 months now. please someone help!

btw are these the drivers in the cd? http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5684 … ed1rn1.jpg

i tried clicking all the files present, but nothiung happened. no drivers installed.

#5 Thu 14th Dec 06 06:32

wired

Satish: I'm using different drivers than the ones in your snapshot. My card came with drivers called PHTVTUNE.* and CAP7134.*. I also downloaded and installed drivers for the ITV-300 SAA7130 model from Items Tech (http://www.itemstech.com.tw/support/download.asp). These worked no better and no worse than the drivers that came with my CD. I still can't get the card to process anything but a composite signal.

#6 Mon 25th Dec 06 02:57

gobbell1

Slyspyderspy...I have the same issue with my Fieon card.  Did you ever get yours corrected?

If so, what did you do?

#7 Fri 5th Jan 07 09:42

jotes

hello!
I also have 7134 chipset card [manufacture by Kwolrd] and i have similiar problem. I cant find drivers fo r windows vista. these from cd does not work - i can't install it - OS refuse to do it.
Does anybody know where can I find drivers for KW-TV7134RF-PRO for Vista?

#8 Sun 28th Jan 07 19:35

miotkemark

I just bought a 7130 TV Tuner PCI card and had two of the problems described in these posts:
1) In doing the automatic install it would detect the new hardware and install the first driver for my TV Capture Card, but then it would detect a second piece of new hardware but not be able to find the driver to support it (even though the installation cd was still in place).

2) Next I installed the WinDVR program that came with the card and experienced the problem where I could chose Antenna but it would not let me choose the CABLE option.

Both of these problems were the result of the drivers being installed improperly (even though there was no indication of a conflict being shown in the Windows XP MCE Device Manager).

For the card to work I had to manually install two drivers:
1) TV Capture Card WDM TV Tuner
2) TV Capture Card WDM Video Capture
Neither of these two drivers were digitally signed, but I was able to install both drivers manually using the update driver procedure by selecting the Don't search. I will choose the driver to install option to select the device drivers from a list.

#9 Tue 30th Jan 07 02:53

drazenn

Indianer wrote:

I have the same card and had precisely the same problem. I could not figure out why the drivers were not being accepted either as an update in device manager and why Wnn DVR not only did not accept the cable connection but also closed down!

I looked up the devices in "Non-Plug and Play Devicves" (hidden, so you will have to click the option in "View". I noticed that the drivers had been installed but were non-functional. I guess Windows XP installs and uses the default drivers so after I had disabled those, I could re-install the drivers from the accompanying CD. Also, the TV Card driver had appeared to be installed but the problem was with a device driver on the TV card. Eureka, it has functioned fine after that. I am still having a problem with the audio whiel recording but I guess that is a connection issue which I hope to resolve soon.

I hope this has been helpful.

Hey Indianer.
I've also bought one lifeview animations TV card on a 7130 chip,and got a cd with a driver and an application called simply "TVR".
My card looks exactly lika a http://images.tigerdirect.com/skuimages … -main3.jpg.
I had no problem with instalatio,on the cd are just a two folders:one is named "driver",and one is named "app".When you open it in each you got a "setup" icon and just click it,first a driver,then an application,and that's it!
The card works perfectly,clean picture and sound on air and on the cable,remote control works without a misstake,FM too and from this side ,I have no trouble,but also,when I try to capture the TV,I'getting a message"cannot render audio stream",and when I press "ok",the captured file is perfectly clean but also,ther's no sound.
I've try everything but every time i'm getting the same message and a captured file without a sound.
Please,if you find a solution,can you explain me too,how did you did that?
You can even send me on my e-mail: drazenn@gmail.com

And,if anybody has a problem with this card on XP sp2,I can send him a driver and an application on e-mail.Works perfect.
Also,if anybody knows what can it be,or what can it exactly mean(where is a mistake) because I don't know where to look anymore,please,tell

#10 Tue 30th Jan 07 03:05

drazenn

SlySpyderSpy wrote:

Not sure if this is in the right place but I recently purchased a Tv tuner made by Fieon that has a Philips 7130 Chipset.  I installed the card itself, and then ran the cd - installing InterVideo WinDVR.  The drivers for this card do not work, and refuse to install. I forced windows to use the unsigned drivers through device manager to no avail, then tried using a standard driver for the Philips 7130 - again no luck.  I have static and nothing else, the auto-scan button does nothing.  Also, there is an option on InterVideo to choose between antenna and cable.  When I switch it to cable and hit apply the program resets to Antenna.  Any Ideas what my problem is here? thanks -

If anybody have a problem with this card,I can send him a driver and an application called "TVR"ver 0412.(I use it on XPsp2 but on cd are also drivers for win98/ME/NT/2000 and I believe that they work just fine like my on XPxp2.)
There is a problem that I can get a sound when I'm capturing TV because I'm getting message"Cannot render audio stream".
And if some one can even get a good picture and sound just for playback without a capturing,you can contact me on mail: drazenn@gmail.com and I will send you a driver and an application from my cd,and also hopes that someone will solve the problem with capturing sound.
So,we can call it favor for favor;)

#11 Mon 5th Feb 07 16:24

Jean-Marc68

Hello Everybody,

I also bought a FM 7130 TV Card exactly like http://images.tigerdirect.com/skuimages … -main3.jpg .
After searching to be able to record sound on my computer (HP Pavilion), everything is working except remote.
The remote control emits (Tested with a digital camera to be able to see emission), but the computer seems to not receive.
Do somebody know what to do or if it's possible to download a driver for that remote?

Thanks,
Jean-Marc

#12 Mon 9th Apr 07 01:29

splizzrinkle

For those of you needing a Vista Driver for your Philips 7130 Tv Tuner based pci card, I have just finished compiling a set of drivers for Vista for use with TVR software.
I have been able to install and use this card with my mixed driver set with no problems.
If you would like me to send you the drivers and software at no charge, you can email me at JoshBartholow@WestCoastWi-Fi.com

Last edited by splizzrinkle (Mon 9th Apr 07 01:30)

#13 Mon 28th May 07 06:36

splizzrinkle

Vista is working on a sound stack patch for “passthrough” sound at this time. Until then, the only way to get sound is to use a VCR. Connect the RCA video out to the Video Input on your 7130 PCI card, connect the RCA sound out to any sterio, amp, computer speaker, etc. (Do not connect the VCR RCA sound output to your soundcard, this will not work because Vista does not allow “passthrough” at this time. Use the VCR built in tuner, not the tuner in your 7130.
Your tuner card will only act as a Video capture device, set it to use “Composit” only. You will have to use the VCR remote to change TV stations, make sure you have cable connected to the VCR.

What you will need…
1.    VCR with a cable connection
2.    External pre-amped speaker(s)
3.    RCA cables (only two)

Honestech makes a wonderful driver for the tuner itself, this will not fix the sound issue.
http://www.honestech.com/main/tv_plus_4 … 0&%20Video

This is only a trial version, there are older full free versions available.

#14 Wed 29th Aug 07 01:47

aoc

I don't know enough to tell if i have a driver problem or a software problem. I have a phillips based tv tuner acpture card wit fm. The software that came with it says it is a SSA&!#x TV Card

Windows detects it The software installs it.  I have a Honestec icon on my desktop. When I click it, a picture of a rocky seashore appears and the following error message:

ERROR Findinterface - IID_IAMTUTuner

The card is totally non functional

Thanks

#15 Wed 29th Aug 07 01:49

aoc

OOPS That is a SAA713x TV Card

Thamks again

#16 Fri 26th Oct 07 09:21

cracker joe

I have a similar problems with my cards too. But it probably the softwares. Sometimes it 'resetting' all the TV and the radio. That happens when i try to change the audio mixer from the TV setting program. Yeah i'm having problem with recording TV, no sounds. Play around with the sound setting, or re-install the drivers.

#17 Sun 28th Oct 07 07:37

jodex

I have an Intex TV tuner card but  i can't use it. I've lost my cd driver and software.  Is anybody have this software and driver. I need it very badly. please help me. Thanks in advance.

#18 Tue 4th Mar 08 02:51

TIE-DYEtv

Tried all HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 Thu 22nd May 08 22:07

martinle

Hello.I just buy  ITV-300 TV/FM card.I use XP SP2 and the remote do not work.I reinstal OS,evrythig and steel do not work.I m tired of this.so can enybody help me???Thanks

#20 Tue 14th Oct 08 07:43

usmanmughal

I have PCI tv card with philip SAA7130 chipset
but I lost the drivers due to some virsus
I need to drivers...
CON YOU HELP ME.....
please send me drivers on         usmanmughal_uog@yahoo.com

Last edited by usmanmughal (Tue 14th Oct 08 07:55)

#21 Fri 6th Feb 09 21:27

thebeast

Philips 7130 Tv Tuner (Vista x86 and x64) from CD w/ TV Expert Software (remote compatible)

Download (78.6 MB) http://www.mediafire.com/file/nmrdmee4z … _VISTA.rar

SAA7130 TV Card driver
Driver Provider:   Philips Semiconductors
Driver Date:       7/6/2007
Driver Version:    2.3.4.2
Digital Signer:    microsoft windows hardware compatibility publisher

no thanks needed enjoy,
"ТΗΞ ΒΞΔЅТ"

Last edited by thebeast (Fri 6th Feb 09 21:42)

#22 Fri 6th Feb 09 21:39

thebeast

Philips 7130 Tv Tuner (2000/XP x86 and x64) from CD w/ TV Expert Software (remote compatible)

Download (64.2 MB) http://www.mediafire.com/file/m5gooxnozkl/7130_2kXP.rar

SAA7130 TV Card driver
Driver Provider:   Philips Semiconductors
Driver Date:       (i didn't check)
Driver Version:    (i didn't check)
Digital Signer:    microsoft windows hardware compatibility publisher

no thanks needed enjoy,
"ТΗΞ ΒΞΔЅТ"

Last edited by thebeast (Fri 6th Feb 09 21:42)

Board footer