Messageboard

You are not logged in.

#1 Tue 24th Jan 06 01:31

bradavon
Inquisitor

"Cannot find any video capture device" - A180 TDH

Hello everyone

Hardware: AMD Athalon 2500+ with 1Gb of RAM and a "WinFast A180 TDH Cinema" AGP Graphics Card with built in TV Tuner
Software: Windows XP Service Pack 2 with a Leadtek WinFast PVR 2000 3.0.9.45

When opening the above software it says:

"Cannot find any video capture device"

I've tried.

1. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the software from the CD and also an ever so slightly newer version I downloaded
2. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the graphics drivers off the CD, from the leadtek.co.uk website and also the latest version from nvidia.com

Nothing makes any difference the software keeps saying this and because of this error I the software doesn't work at all. It looks like WinFast PVR2000 isn't finding the Leadtek WinFast A180.

Searching on this site members suggest the EEPROM is corrupt and running a DOS utility from a boot disk will fix this. Two problems:

A: It's not for my model number, the DOS utility is for a WinFast 2000 TV Tuner PCI card, as far as I can tell.
B: I've run the utility and it just dumps me back at DOS saying the BT878 chipset is not found.

Here's the link: http://www.tv-cards.com/messageboard/vi … &start=105

I've just sent an e-mail to Leadtek for advice.

Any ideas small or large would be very helpful.

#2 Tue 24th Jan 06 01:49

bradavon
Inquisitor

Re: "Cannot find any video capture device" - A180 TDH

Oh and how old is this card? I'm testing it at the moment as I'm thinking of paying £15 for it.

Is it worth it?

#3 Tue 24th Jan 06 09:13

Herbs

According the digit-life review its a SAA 7134 tuner not a BT8x8. Heres the review http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/lea … index.html

Nebula DVB-T |tevion dvb-t100|WinTV USB2 PVR|Nova-t technotrend|nova-t usb2|nova-t 90002| nova-t stick

#4 Tue 24th Jan 06 14:31

tw1965
Guru
Website

bradavon,

Could you run the Microsoft Windows Media Diagnostic Tool ( http://tw1965.myweb.hinet.net/WMDiagSetup.exe )
and send me ( twnumber1@home-one.com.tw ) the log (.cab) file ?

I will check the version of NVIDIA WDM (VIVO and TV) driver from the log file.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/wdm_geforce2-fx_2.26.html
ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/WDM/2 … ivo_tv.exe
ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/WDM/

#5 Wed 25th Jan 06 03:12

bradavon
Inquisitor

Okay will do thanks.

I tried that WDM VIVO TV installer and it gave me a Generic Nvidia TV Capture Driver, no good though as my card still wasn't found.

According the digit-life review its a SAA 7134 tuner not a BT8x8. Heres the review http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/lea … index.html

Thanks I checked that out but figured I'd try it anyway, it failed big_smile

#6 Wed 25th Jan 06 07:02

tw1965
Guru
Website

bradavon,

Could you run the Microsoft Windows Media Diagnostic Tool ( http://tw1965.myweb.hinet.net/WMDiagSetup.exe )
and send me ( twnumber1@home-one.com.tw ) the log file (the file with CAB extension) ?

OR check the NVIDIA WDM Driver is installed and running OK from the Device Manager by yourself.

BTW, the WinFast PVR 2000 3.0.9.45 is an old one.
Downalod the latest WinFast PVR from the following link :
http://tw1965.myweb.hinet.net/WinFastPVR.htm

For those NVIDIA VIVO/TV cards, WinFast PVR will check the SSID of the NVIDIA Graphics card. The sub-vender id must be 107Dh (Leadtek).
For example, 2936107Dh is a Leadtek Graphics card:
SSID.GIF

PS: The video decoder is SAA7174,  not SAA7134.
SAA7174 = (SAA7134 without PCI interface).

#7 Wed 25th Jan 06 13:05

bradavon
Inquisitor

and send me ( twnumber1@home-one.com.tw ) the log file (the file with CAB extension)?

I popped you an e-mail about this last night thanks. Did you not receive it?

OR check the NVIDIA WDM Driver is installed and running OK from the Device Manager by yourself.

Is that the VIVO one you linked to? It's not compatible with my card right?

I installed it anyway and it installed fine, appearing in Device Manager as it should.

BTW, the WinFast PVR 2000 3.0.9.45 is an old one.
Downalod the latest WinFast PVR from the following link :
http://tw1965.myweb.hinet.net/WinFastPVR.htm

Thanks I thought it was old but as you can't get newer versions from Leadtek I didn't know how to upgrade it.

The CD actually came with 3.0.9.30. I managed to download from P2P the slightly new 3.0.9.45 version.

For those NVIDIA VIVO/TV cards, WinFast PVR will check the SSID of the NVIDIA Graphics card. The sub-vender id must be 107Dh (Leadtek).

I see they are compatible drivers that can be configured to work but how do I change the sub-vendor ID?

#8 Wed 25th Jan 06 13:10

tw1965
Guru
Website

Hi,

You did sent me an e-mail.
But you did not sent me the log file.

How to update the WinFast PVR :
   Step 1 : Close WinFast PVR
   Step 2 : Run the WinFast PVR SETUP and then select the "UnInstall" item
   Step 3 : Restart Windows after the WinFast PVR is uninstalled
   Step 4 : Run the WinFast PVR SETUP to install WinFast PVR

#9 Tue 27th Nov 07 18:56

stopped

Hi !
I’m having problem with my program Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP Deluxe, the same problem which had many people a few years ago as I know from Internet (“TV-Cards”). It problem has appeared me for about 5 years continously his good work.
Radio (FM) works good but when I turn program on TV I’m getting information: “Cannot find any capture device. FF06107D&REV_11” and figure 4 appears on the screen (the same is in DVD-film captions). When I clicked OK, TV set appears but only for CVBS, not TV.
It’s interested that this capture device, named “WinFast TV2000 XP WDM Video Capture”, I’ve looked at (his name is described) in:
•    WinFast Setting (one is options of program in which I may choose capture device and turn on remote control),
•    WinFast Radio (FM) Configuration
and many other applications as:
•    Video Studio 9 of Ulead,
•    Power Director of CyberLink,
•    Windows Media Encoder,
•    Fly Cap and other tools tendered by Leadtek.
•    Virtual Dub (old version, named NanDub 1.4.9)
This capture device worked in last versions of Virtual Dub too but when I’ve reinstalled my operation system – Windows XP Home Edition SP-2, these versions of Virtual Dub not look this device too.
I’m working on Pentium 4 – 2,4 GHz, HDD 160 GB (2 disks 80 GB in RAID0), RAM 1 GB, motherboard P4B533-E, graphic card Radeon 8500 Saphire and very like multimedia, video specially.
From information (30th Nov. 03), which I’ve found on Internet, on “TV–Cards” (FAQ) www pages, I’ve understood that  problem has resolved by FlyNeo’s WinFast PVR PATCH. If it’s true, please to send me this patch and short information or information where I can get them.
Many informations on “TV-Cards” I can’t understand but it’s true that not all are good for me. Windows XP not work on DOS platform (BTFLASH_BIN.ZIP, which was tendered on TV–Cards isn’t good for me) !
My problem appears upon destruction my media stock on computer. Probably virus. It could destruction EEPROM of WinFast card. But I not sure of this in 100%. I’m 70 years old and worked too late at evening of a previous day. Remember only that I’ve defragmented disks at this evening.
It seemed me that I try all possible ways to resolve my problem (including of installing old version of WinFast program from Leadtek CD on new installed operation system, replace TV-card, check of System Registry and correspondence with Leadtek Support).
My e-mail adres:    stopped@interia.pl    (2 x p !)
Best regards from Poland
PS.     English is not my mother tongue, so I beg you to excuse my awful writing.

#10 Thu 29th Nov 07 21:59

stopped

My problem has finished - as reply to my letter to Leadtek Support (the same
letter as to you) I've get patch - fix_TV2000.zip with TV2KPROM.EXE
and  DOS4GW.EXE which I've must to execute in real DOS what isn't too easy because I working in Windows XP. It was needed help which I've found by Google in Internet on TechSpot www pages. To discharge requirements (DOS) I've taken advantage of boot floppy diskette for Windows 98, eliminating unnecessary files. When for A:/> signes I've write TV2KPROM.EXE with Enter I've get information WRITE TO EEPROM OK and I may watch TV in Leadtek WinFast program again.
I've written this because help for me is unnecessary already but may be I help another with the same problem of mine.
Sorry that I've disturbrd you.
Once more, best regards from Poland.

#11 Fri 27th Feb 09 16:36

bradavon
Inquisitor

Can my "bradavon" account be deleted please. I've not used it for sometime. I cannot find how to contact the Mods.

Thanks.

Board footer